The Partial Assessment Programme is an interim measure developed to support training centres and practitioners (candidates) requiring recertification during the on-going pandemic.
The Partial Assessment Programme enables CompEx certificate holders to apply for a Statement of Partial Assessment (SoPA) if they are unable to attend a CompEx training centre for recertification due to Covid-19. The Statement of Partial Assessment (SoPA) provides an employer with assurance that an individual has maintained a level of core knowledge associated with safe working in explosive atmospheres.
The Partial Assessment Programme was reviewed in October 2021 and will continue to operate until at least January 2022. Further advice and guidance will be issued at this point. Following the launch of the Partial Assessment Programme, the certificate extension scheme ended on 31st March 2021.
For more information about the Partial Assessment Programme, please see the FAQs below or contact your preferred CompEx training centre.
Practitioners can apply for the Partial Assessment Programme through a CompEx training centre if they cannot attend training and assessment due to the following reasons:
- Government, local authorities, or the applicant’s employer have imposed travel restrictions, self-isolation (“lockdown”), have cancelled all events or have closed all education establishments.
- Training centres are closed and have cancelled courses due to Covid-19.
- The applicant’s previous travel history prevents them from attending a CompEx training centre.
Appropriate documentation and evidence must be provided to the training centre to support all applications.
Documents required for submission:
- Completed application form (JTL904 SoPA)
- Valid CompEx certificate, or certificate deferral
- Previous CompEx certificate with CompEx number (Ex01-04 or Ex01R-04R)
- Copy of photo ID (driving license or passport)
- Evidence to support Partial Assessment Programme requirement
The multiple-choice (32 questions, 50 minutes) online exam is invigilated remotely by the chosen training centre, removing the need for onsite assessment. The exam does not require dedicated software. The candidate will receive a weblink and exam keycode by email from the training centre to access the exam platform.
Successful exam candidates are eligible for a Statement of Partial Assessment (SoPA). A SoPA is valid for a maximum of twelve months from the exam pass date. Future certifications will be backdated to a candidate’s original certification expiration date.
- All applicants must take the Partial Assessment Programme exam within four weeks of being approved.
- The open book assessment enables candidates to use their toolbox guide if needed. If a replacement toolbox guide is required, candidates should contact their preferred training centre.
- Candidates can take two resit attempts – both must be completed within three months of the intial assessment.
- Exam outcomes will be a Pass or Fail statement – a diagnostic breakdown of results or appeals will not be considered or provided.
For more information about the Partial Assessment Programme, please view the FAQ section below or contact your preferred training centre.